SoDA Webinar: Vanquishing Delivery Chaos
Visit this Adobe Connect link to watch a replay of the Digital Marketing Roundtable webinar, hosted by SoDA and broadcast from R&R Partners in Los Angeles on August 6, 2015.
Behind every glossy sales pitch and charming, hip A-Team is an agency that struggles every day with operational chaos – over-ambitious, poorly-scoped and inadequately-funded campaigns and projects. This is killing agencies.
Much of the chaos is rooted in the idea of “superior persons” and the role that they should play in agency management and operations. Decades of behavioral research as well as AgencyAgile’s work with agencies confirm that achieving a culture of high-performance collaboration requires special rules for deploying and managing these talents, that craft the style of interactions between teams and superstars in every area of work.
In this Roundtable, we’ll dig into the oft-misunderstood topic of superstars. We’ll explore key concepts and research from the field of behavioral science and organizational development, real-world stories from agencies we’ve worked with, and points brought up by attendees. We’ll also provide simple tools and frameworks that can help guide agency culture.
- Who are your superstars and where do they come from?
- Capabilities and limitations of your superstars
- How reliance on superstars fuels higher costs and lower productivity
- The dilemma of teams versus superstars
- The difference between managing and leading
- Tips for achieving high productivity with superstars and teams